Ethos and Vision
With a pioneering spirit, our Lady of Mount Carmel School, Mullewa aspires to foster a Christian community living in harmony with each other and the environment.
"Love one another, as I have loved you."
At Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Christ is at the heart of our school and we are called to act as Jesus did. To help us we are encouraged to be guided by the values of:
- by learning about the Gospel and the implementation of these values on personal, local and global levels.
- by using their talents expressible in our daily activities.
- through being honest, caring for others and by making choices and accepting the consequence.
- by displaying their pride and concern for our surroundings, self, other people and the environment.
- through the ability to learn and act independently and collaboratively, using creative and problem solving strategies.
- by becoming involved and trying our best during every opportunity.
Cultural Awareness and Acceptance
- of differences and similarities, respecting these by becoming informed citizens.
- by being mentally and psychologically tough enough to bounce back after setbacks, rejections or disappointments.
The Catholic Presence of the Presentation Sisters at OLMC
- Preparation and care of the Church and altar
- Celebration of the Sacraments
- Angelus and Rosary
- Celebration of Feast Days - OLMC, Feast of the Sacred Heart, The Assumption, Our Lady of Perpetual Succueur, St Patrick's Day
- Devotion to Mary
- Hymn Singing
- Preparation of children reading for School and Children's Masses
- Care of those in need
- Traditional Marian Prayer
- Prayed at 6am, 12pm, 6pm
- Bells rung at these hours - it is a calling of people to pray
Our Lady of Mount Carmel is a Marian (Mary) title derived from the community of 12th century hermits who lived on Mount Carmel in the Holy Land. They expressed their devotion to Mary by the wearing of the brown scapular.
The title of OLMC was given in honor of the Blesses Virgin Mary having given the Scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel to Saint Simon Stock, a Carmelite monk. Her Feast is celebrated on July 16.